What Data Do We Collect?
The information we collect through the Site falls into two categories:
(1) Information you voluntarily provide to us on the Site.
(2) Information gathered via automated means as you navigate through the Site.
Information Voluntarily Provided by You:
In the course of using this Site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may complete a submission on the “Contact” page with your name, e-mail address, telephone number, street address, and/or any other information you voluntarily enter in order to ask us a question or request information.
Information Collected by Automated Means:
You can refuse to accept and delete cookies by adjusting your browser setting. Please note that refusing or deleting cookies may impact your browsing experience on the Site, or prevent you from using some of its services, and it may result in the deletion of any preferences you have set. For more information on how to reject or delete cookies, you should consult with your browser's or device’s help documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. The Company does not use technology that recognizes do-not-track signals from your browser. You can also opt out of Internet based advertising by installing a browser plugin from the third party where available. For more information about interest-based advertising, please see: About IBA.
In addition, in the course of seeking network security and consistent service for all users, software programs may be employed to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and fine-tune our network’s performance. These programs may detect additional information from your computer such as your IP address, addresses from network packets, and other technical information. Any such information is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of the Company’s networks and computer systems.
We may combine the information you provide us and information we automatically collected with information from public or third-party sources.
How Do We Use the Data We Collect?
We will use the information provided by you in order to respond to your inquiries on this Site. For example, we may send you electronic or written materials or, if you supply us with your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us in response to your request. We also use information collected on this Site to administer, improve, and personalize the Site, maintain network security and performance and protect against cyber-attacks, to market our services, and to comply with and enforce applicable laws, industry standards, and our own policies.
We work with our business partners to collect information about the use of the Site. Our business partners collect information such as how often users visit the Site and what pages users visited prior to visiting the site. We use this information to maintain and improve the site.
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
· Affiliates: To enable them to provide services to you and to enable them to contact you regarding additional products and services that you have expressed an interest in.
· Agents and Service Providers: We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services for us or on our behalf, such as hosting this Site, sending e-mail messages, and making phone calls. They may have access to personal information, such as email addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are contractually restricted from using such personal information for purposes other than providing services for the Company or on our behalf.
· Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either the Company itself or any of the Company’s assets were acquired (including through bankruptcy proceedings), your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
· Legal Matters: The Company may preserve, and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site without your prior permission if the Company has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Company or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) respond to an audit or investigate a complaint or security threat; or (f) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
This Site and all information that you submit through this Site is collected, stored, and processed in the United States within Company-controlled databases. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees of ours, and our affiliates, and to those service providers who need to use it to provide this Site and our products or services. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will not retain personal data for longer than is necessary. How long is appropriate will depend on the type of data and the use to which it has been put. In general, we retain information for not less than seven (7) years to comply with local tax reporting and employment regulations and good business practice. Our legal department may direct that information be retained for a longer period of time in the event of a litigation hold or as deemed necessary to protect the interests of the Company or as otherwise required by law.
Some Other Matters
Accessing and Correcting Your Information: Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. Inaccurate or incomplete information could impact our ability to deliver relevant services to you. Please let us know about any changes that may be required to your personal information using the contact information below.
Children: This Site it not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of their parents or legal guardians. In an instance where such information was collected, it would be purely accidental and unintentional.
Rights of California Residents: Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, Site visitors who are California residents may request and obtain a notice once a year about the personal information the Company shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. Such a notice will include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared (if any) and the names and addresses of all third parties with which the personal information was shared (if any). The notice will cover the preceding calendar year. To obtain such a notice, please contact us as described below. In addition, under this law you are entitled to be advised how our Site handles “do not track” browser signals. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we do not honor Do Not Track requests at this time.
Questions or Concerns?
c/o Tenaya Holdings, LLC
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
7400 W. 132nd Street, Suite 400
Overland Park, KS 66213-1153